2 Very eager and imaginative boys
1 Very crazy, party planning, perfectionist mummy
1 Laid back daddy who is an expert at keeping mummy calm
1 Very skilled cupcake making aunty
2 Sets of Grandparents
60 or more friends of all ages to help you celebrate
460 Photographs of your children (from intros to now)
Several handmade decorations
A village hall
Disco equipment hire
Lots of food
And last but not least – a chocolate fountain
Preparation is key!
Ideally you will have several weeks to plan your party. So getting everything right shouldn’t be a problem.
If, however, you do not have that gift of time, carefully follow the instructions below and hope for the best.
- Take each of the ingredients and gently start blending them together.
- Make sure you keep checking on your ingredients at regular intervals to make sure everything is blending smoothly.
- If it looks like Mummy is starting to lose the plot, add a little more daddy to calm things back down.
- As the afternoon goes on gently add extra friends to the mix until the party feels like it is in full flow.
- Make sure that the music and entertainment is kept fresh and that the ingredients are actively blending together.
- Now try to sit back and enjoy yourself.
If all goes to plan, the end result with be a wonderful afternoon spent with friends and family helping you celebrate finally truly becoming a ‘forever family’
Warning: The next day a couple of the ingredients may have gone sour.
This light-hearted post was written as part of The Adoption Social’s ‘Weekly Adoption Shout Out’ #WASO